Monday, January 14, 2013

DAY 209: Partitivi moudolsa!

Partitivi moudolsa! V + a            V V and K + ta         e + tta
mitoa      Radiota, Puhelinta   Konetta

Today I started using an online Finnish - Finnish dictionary. I did the second half of the dialog in Kuulostaa Hyvältä and then went on to Kieli Käyttöön. I also went to my Finnish 4 class at university. It was great. Opettaja speaks Finnish almost all the time in the class and I'm happy that I have a chance to hear Finnish twice a week.

Here are what I learned by self study today:

No, mitä me nyt sovimme.
suits us

Se on sopiva aika. 
suitable

kirjastonhoitaja
librarian

Voitteko te olla hiljaa
ääneti

Minun puhelin on aina päällä
on

Mitä tämä maksaa?

Entä teille?

Kolme patonkia 
ranskan kapea leipä

Mitä ananas on kilo?
 
 I'll write about what I learned at the class in here tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. So, twice a week? That's all the Finnish you're getting? Aren't there listening tapes or videos or games to help you with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This term actually it was four times a week, because I took both Finnish 2 and Finnish 4. Normally people even drop Finnish 2.
      I'm doing self study by books, as far as I can, and I'm not bored.

      Delete
  2. By the way, please pray for us to get admission from Vaasa! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete